POSITION: Data Lead
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
REPORT TO: Founder (Foreigner)
COMPANY: A foreign marketing and advertising company
Opportunity to build a product from scratch, start a new offer and department from scratch, a lot of freedom to experiment; Working directly with the founders ensure high visibility, potential to build a product with a global scope; Flat hierarchy, a culture-first company.
- Lead and manage the data science offer including expertise in statistics, text and image analysis, data-driven predictive analytics, and computer science
- Recruit, develop, and manage capabilities in machine learning, statistical modelling, and other computational approaches to extract insights from large proprietary and public consumer data sources
- Establish and support collaboration between data scientists and data engineers for the development of novel data analytic approaches and integrated decision science solutions.
- Initiate and manage any R&D workstreams with external partners
- Sets company-wide standards for the creation of training materials and leads development of classes to help develop data science competence across the organization.
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning, data mining, statistical methodology and demonstrated experience using these techniques to solve research and consumer problems
- Passion for collaboration and working with and inspiring cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of digital product development.
- Experience with computer science methodologies, high performance computing, data engineering, software development, and data modelling and architecture.
- Deep knowledge of text analytics and natural language processing.
- Interest in consumer products and consumer research.
- Expert knowledge of at least one scripting language suitable for data science work such as R or Python.