POSITION: Senior Online Advertising Optimization Specialist
LOCATION: Nanjing, China
JOB TYPE: Media Optimization Expert
COMPANY: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency
We are looking for an analytically minded, media optimization specialist in our Digital Media Optimization Group (DMO). You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing business unit focused on revolutionizing display media optimization, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
Within DMO, the Optimization team is responsible for online campaign management, delivery, technology partnerships and product strategy. Within optimization, the team is focused on building robust digital marketing tools that align to, and deliver against, our client’s business and marketing goals.
We are looking for smart, passionate and experienced professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry.
The Media Optimization Specialist is a senior role in building our new Optimization capability team in China, the Online Display Optimization team drives delivery, optimization, and reporting for all ad campaigns. The Optimization team works very closely with the Digital Media Client Strategy and Management, Solutions, and Analytics teams, which together handle advertising on behalf of our clients. We’re looking for someone web-savvy and resourceful to join the Optimization team and help us be the ad serving and analytics experts for our company and our clients! The ideal candidate is an expert problem solver and data digger but also an expert communicator — able to dive in to retrieve details and then discuss them in a human way.
Oversee and lead junior team of (2-3) ad operations professionals
- Delegate work
- Manage communication stream
- Coordinate training
- Measure successes
- Define/enforce process
- Proactively identify tools and resource needs
- Delegate work
- Serve as main point of contact with US team
- Relay efficiencies and opportunities to US team
- Manage relationship and collaborate with analysts in Quantitative Marketing group
- Day to day management of campaigns across various platforms, pulling reports, communicating status to senior staff and members of Digital Media Client Strategy and Management
- 3+ years of experience in advertising operations, sales support, or account management and the desire to continue in or move into ad operations
- Prior experience trafficking in an ad server (DoubleClick DFP preferred)
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Fluency in the language of digital media: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, etc.
- Fluency in the language of online measurement: uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel (including formulas)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and keeping a blog (the “tech” side of blogging)
- Experience taking screenshots, cropping, and basic image editing
- Familiarity with Google products like Docs, Calendar, AdSense, Analytics
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us