LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: In-house IT R&D center position
COMPANY: The largest privately owned English training company in the world, with over 200 schools worldwide and over 80 schools in China
As senior software engineer, you’ll play a major role during business solutions development, enhancements and subsequent support activities, working with a dynamic global team with project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts to enable cutting-edge English-training products and global operation.
- Be responsible for data warehouse design and development, MSSQL Server development
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database performance and trends
- Database administration, database backup/restore and disaster recovery
- Utilize SQL server in a production environment, and work on large production databases
- Perform ad-hoc data fix tasks in production servers
- Provide technical support and guidance to global support team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 3+ years of project experience in data warehouse design and development
- Must be experienced in T-SQL.
- Must be experienced in developing SSIS packages
- Must be experienced in Report authoring for SSRS; and configuration of SSRS subscriptions
- Must be experienced in designing SSAS Cubes and MDX query.
- Solid knowledge on database concepts. Have a good understanding of SQL Server Performance Tuning, Manage Indexes, Query optimization
- Knowledge of Sharepoint based report delivery is a plus. .NET knowledge is a plus too.
- Have strong problem solving ability, is able to find creative solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Experience in large-scale database development and customer relationship management system or related is required.
- Possess good communication skills in English and good technical documentation skills.
Demonstrate the following abilities or characteristics:
– A track record of high performance.
– Passion for quality
– Technical excellence