POSITION: Business Systems Analyst
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: Business Analyst
COMPANY: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency
The Business Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Company Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Company client(s). The analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client, client’s IT and marketing vendors, and Company internal team members including Solution Mgr., Developers, Production Analyst, Campaign Manager, Quantitative Analyst, Program Manager and the global technical support team on solution delivery and new project development.
- Take primary ownership for the requirements from initial creation to change management, translation, documentation and communication of requirements to the corresponding internal delivery resources (developers and Campaign Managers primarily
- Work with Solution and Account Lead to define project scope, level of effort and timeline
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Support campaign management process. For existing campaigns, this requires a thorough understanding of each campaign including selection logic, QA and output requirements along with business goals that the client and Company will be measuring against. For new campaigns the BSA will meet with the Program Manager, analytic resources and client to develop business goals, campaign requirements, QC, output requirements and any subsequent campaign metrics.
- 5y+ experience with Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Interactive Marketing, CRM field
- Experience with database/data management concepts, SQL skills to conduct basic data analysis
- 3y+ experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for technology solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus
- 3+ years’ experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
- BS or Master Degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology field
- Experience with test planning and use cases
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Experience with client facing is a must; Excellent English communication is a must
- Japanese fluency will be an advantage
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
- Must have strong work ethic, willing to work OT when needed to meet urgent client deliverables