POSITION: Clinical Application Analyst
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: HIS Application Analyst / Technical / In-House IT
REPORT TO: Director, Enterprise Application
COMPANY: The world class and largest foreign invested hospital in China
Participate in the development and support of Hospital Information System with the focus of surgical functionality such as order entry, instrument integration, and clinical documentation template design for operating room operation.
- Work with end user departments to collect requirement.
- Provide requirement to software designer/developer and act as liaison between clinical operation and software developer.
- Understand the application software thoroughly in order to configure the software when needed.
- Work with end user department to develop testing plan. Participate in software testing.
- Assist end user department or training department to develop training plan.
- Perform trouble shooting tasks when user report issues and resolve problem when possible. Work with software provider to resolve complex issues when necessary.
- Provide go live support when necessary.
- Review any system upgrade plan with department and hospital operations to ensure system is up to date. Plan upgrade activities across functions to ensure system integration is intact with all new software releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, major in health science, or computer science or medical informatics preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in software development or support role.
- Working experience in hospital/clinic is advantages.
- Clinical background in surgical area is a plus
- Software system implementation experience is a real plus.
- Must be keen in using software, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, attend to detail and communicate with people effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or Mac OmniPlan would be helpful.
- Must be able to read, write and understand both Chinese and English.