Position: Regional IT and Process Manager
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: In-House IT
Company: A modern industrial group based in Germany with operations throughout the world. In core business Chemicals are a global leader. The company now has a total of 18 companies and 15 production sites in the region with around 4,000 employees
Responsible for partnering with IT and the businesses to develop IT efficiencies for AI BLs in the Region. Work with business leaders to assess and determine how IT can be optimized. Help establishing a process organization along business needs.
Be point of contact for IT providers, to ensure IT solutions that are recommended by the BU in the Region are in line with global BU and IT Standards.
Present business requirements to IT- speak both the ‘language' of an IT person as well as a business person to ensure current and future (growth) demands and projects are met across all applications, BLs, etc.
Need for this position exists for numerous reasons including: vast global orientation of AI BU, and need to have representatives in the Region in order to ensure security, compliance and process standardization across the various locations in the Region. Thereby reducing frequent travel costs from Europe into the Region and accelerating decision processes by overcoming time shifts between the different time zones.
- As the Regional IT and Process Manager of AI you are responsible for selected strategic and operative concerns along our BU specific growth projects as well as in global projects and the BU related IT management in APAC
- Bundling requirements of our operating business in your region into a structured approach for related IT projects
- Supporting the IT partner in his/her overall responsibilities in the region
- Identifying business opportunities that can be raised by means of IT in your region
- Taking over the lead for selected projects and programs of BU IT in the region
- Knowing how to plan and calculate IT projects and programs regarding schedule, budget and scope. You control, steer and report about the progress in the various projects led by you.
- Coordinating the future development of the IT portfolio in your region
- Actively preparing our comprehensive application platform for the future along the needs of our customers and employees in the region and worldwide
- Defining the infrastructure and application landscape of our business unit in selected areas in the region and worldwide
- Acting in a multi-cultural, international environment. You are staying in close contact to our widely distributed organizational units in the region. Several times a year you are travelling to our worldwide locations on demand.
- Occasionally representing the interests our our BU in the region on behalf of the IT partner towards the group and towards service providers. You participate in selected IT panels and committees.
- Education & Experience: This position requires a BS degree in Computer Science or comparable degree, and 5-8 years of experience
- In depth knowledge in infrastructure and applications management as well as in several business processes
- High degree of specialized technical knowledge regarding general sap concepts and application landscapes where the BU has its regional presence
- Several years of experience as a project manager in international projects
- This position requires a self-motivated and inquisitive individual, who is analytical and capable of “big picture” thinking. Ability to get the importance of concepts and solutions for our business unit across to all ranks of our organization – the team, business areas, management, corporate level.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills with the ability to understand, review, and ensure a future-driven IT landscape that fosters the IT strategy of our BU
- You like working in a multi-cultural and international environment.
- Proven English skills (verbal and written), German language skills will be a plus.
- This position requires regular travelling to our worldwide locations.