Position: SAP PP Consultant
Location: shanghai, China
Job Type: Systems Architect, sap consultant
Company: The global leader in the High-end bathroom space
This specific job is primarily related to the development and support of systems related to Production Planning as well as the continuous improvement of business processes supported by the SAP Production Planning module. The ideal candidate will have a systems background, extensive SAP experience in a supply chain department, and solid business experience. This position provides opportunities for domestic and international travel.
Technical advisor of the design, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and/or programs to increase business effectiveness, solve problems and create new opportunities to assist in achievement of business goals. Prepare business strategy material and capable of presenting to upper management. Develop and monitor policies, procedures, and standards documents. Provide 24X7 on –call escalation support of systems. Establish service level agreements with customers. Establish and review capacity, utilization and other performance. Capable of participating in multiple concurrent development projects. Subject matter expert in many disciplines within many functional systems areas. Collaborates directly with all management levels and project leaders to determine system objectives and solutions. Provides updates to Change Management Team. May act as a mentor. Provides technical direction to IT staff in the performance of assigned projects. Direct interaction with business unit's senior/executive management on technical matters.
- Provide spirited positive leadership in the design and implementation of systems projects. Challenge obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes. Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
- Provide analysis, counsel, and direction to management and personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems. Maintain an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on these processes.
- Assist or solely direct, schedule, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of information technology, user and vendor personnel assigned to a specific systems project. May directly supervise and be accountable for a small team.
- Prepare and conduct project review meetings and management presentations including general design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system controls, procedures, systems documentation, and system implementation plan.
- Prepare and publish systems project status reports. Comply with systems development methodology, standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities, and schedules.
- Develop high-level and detail system specifications. Assist in developing system documentation. Advise on user procedures. Assist in the preparation of general test plan. Coordinate system tests.
- Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving analysis, leadership skills, computing technology and systems methodologies. Seek ways to expand business knowledge.
- Conduct educational programs involving company personnel relating to computing technology and specific projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Team Work
- Acts as an integral part of respective team.
- Potentially assigned as a mentor to another team member (Systems Analyst) for project leader work.
- Contributes ideas being respectful and understanding of individual experience and knowledge as compared to others
- Willingly takes direction from a variety of other team members
- Supports the team through meeting of commitments on assignments.
- Fosters effective relationships within assigned team, enhancing overall team collaboration and communication.
- Takes lead roles for multiple minor and major project work within functional team
- Professional Competence
- Seeks out information from other team members and alternative sources regarding industry trends relevant to functional assignments
- Researches IT industry trends
- Has achieved management recommended technical and industry training and certifications while still pursuing enhancement of professional credentials.
- Detail oriented in work and analysis.
- High quality of work in support of team initiatives.
- Exhibits strong, diverse technical systems skills and a strong knowledge of CIT processes.
- Exhibits a solid knowledge of business processes for assigned functional team and a strong willingness to expand this knowledge.
- Focus on the End Customer
- During performance of assigned tasks, watch for any missed opportunities in defined business process, making adjustments as required. Communicates scope changes with other team members.
- Challenge questionable business process changes with the business unit when experience raises questions/doubts. Keep team and program management informed of these situations.
- Initiative/Taking Responsibility
- Takes ownership for assigned tasks, working to complete them on time with targeted results towards end objectives.
- Willingly accepts joint ownership for tasks within a project where they are assigned in lead role.
- Learns from assigned tasks and through mistakes made, keeping a positive attitude throughout.
- Exhibits strong initiative and strong analytical thinking.
- Ability to achieve goals despite obstacles through innovative thinking.
- Uses speaking and writing skills to effectively convey information, express opinions and motivate others to act.
- Listens actively.
- Tailors presentations to the needs of the audience.
- Demonstrates mastery of information and is persuasive.
- Willingly shares information with team members and user management.
- Able to meet and present to corporate upper and executive management.
- Builds Trust
- Successfully establishes and maintains partnership with others.
- Thoughtful consideration of others ideas and concerns (empathetic thinking).
- Sought after for team membership and leadership.
- Develops and maintains networks of decision-makers and key influencers.
- Set High Standards of Performance
- Has achieved a level of contribution that includes a mastery of the 2 of the 3 skills relating to:
- Project leadership.
- Process knowledge.
- Functional expertise for either technology or business.
- Process knowledge and functional expertise would apply to multiple areas
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function.
- When developing project scope, challenge obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes.
- Provide spirited, positive leadership of systems projects.
- Control project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives and achieve benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Supply Chain or related field required.
- 8+ years IT experience including 3 – 5+ years showing success as technical lead in concurrent projects.
- Significant depth of expertise and track record of accomplishments in multiple IT technology areas.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English, Thai or Hindi is a strong plus.