POSITION: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: Software Engineer
COMPANY: A global top ERP solution provider
Under moderate supervision, performs professional software engineering functions outlined below. Moderately complex programming functions are performed independently. Prepares technical documentation, and performs unit and possibly integration testing.
- Performs maintenance and enhancement of new or existing software systems or product modules, on COMPANY supported platforms, such as UNIX, Windows, and NT.
- Performs analysis to define requirements for modifications including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes, and test scenarios.
- Prepares program documentation of product components
- Establishes technical proficiency in design, implementation, and unit testing.
- Strives to increase application knowledge.
- Follows COMPANY development standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Functions as member of project teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Preferably 6 years work experience with developing in a 4GL i.e. SQL, Oracle Forms or Progress and/or C language.
- Experience working with source control tools i.e. Subversion or CVS
- Object Oriented Design & Analysis skills.
- Good technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Good analytical and design skills. Thorough understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Ability to evaluate how business issues may impact overall project plans. Good research, analysis, and project planning skills.
- Good PC skills with working knowledge of COMPANY supported technologies, platforms and languages.
- Good communication skills are essential, due to the remote team structure.
- Needs to have an affiliation to Finance. Will develop in a team that works on the Finance side of the application.