Position: Account Director
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: database marketing / Client Relationship Marketing
Company: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (crm) agency with a team of over 1,400 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK
The Account Director will work closely and indirectly oversee team members from shared services (e.g., Strategy, Analytics, Technology, etc.) who will help identify, drive, and implement solutions for our client.
Account Directors are expected to establish and maintain a strong partnership with the client by ensuring successful execution of deliverables, providing thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and providing overall efficient account management. The role is focused on flawless service and delivery on client projects.
Directors are responsible for designing, implementing, leading and growing client engagement models and setting the charter for one or more of company's strategic accounts. Accountable for overall account management activities, Directors serve as leaders within a client team overseeing an account management team as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity.
Directors have a deep understanding of industry and/or crm practices and are able to interpret and lead client discussions on results and trending. Directors drive new business by ensuring key program goals are met and collaborate and lead others to provide best in class work.
- Successfully manage people and create opportunities for growth and development throughout team; coaches and mentors internal team members for career growth.
- Drives new business on existing accounts and may participate in the new business development efforts as well.
- Consistently demonstrates financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on account(s) in portfolio.
- Proactively manages the business to ensure client work is not impacted through supporting and leading staffing and resource management, financial reporting and forecasting, solution development, marketplace and thought leadership, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years of client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side. Client side experience must include a leadership role.
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components.
- 6-8 years' experience working with direct marketing programs in the financial services field across multiple lines of business.
- Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc. Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce). Responsible for profit and loss on an account.
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; possess strong people management skills.
- Proven strategic leadership and cross-team program management in a matrix environment.
- Solid understanding of all key channels (e-mail, Web, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Search, Display and other digital services etc,).
- Working knowledge of CRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Fluent English.
- Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve.
- Ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment.
- Typical travel requirement of 30% to 50% including internal to company, with clients and prospects, and industry events. Travel will fluctuate with activity and opportunity and at times the requirement will be greater.