POSITION: Application architect
LOCATION: shanghai, China
REPORT TO: IT Head, Asia Pacific
COMPANY: A Fortune 100 company
The Application Architect is responsible for building an Application Architecture and supporting roadmaps for High Growth Regions taking into consideration unique local/regional business requirements and overall Enterprise Architecture direction and initiatives.
Directly support and assist in shaping HGR strategy / growth programs from information technology (connectivity/integration) perspective with Engineering and product platform leaders.
Provide leading solutions to business and engineering teams to improve the quality and efficiency of product design and services while maintaining appropriate enterprise security controls.
- Works closely with the Global Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Business Group teams to determine appropriate information integration approaches, Business & technical dependencies, and application Integration options
- Responsible to develop federated information architecture framework spanning both structured and unstructured data sources, supporting human-machine and machine-machine interfaces.
- Contributes to the initial creation, extension and ongoing updates of enterprise information and service models, including definition of the enterprise canonical information model.
- Participates in information and/or process requirements review sessions to produce information models, primarily those supporting enterprise service definition
- Understands related infrastructure and data storage architectures and configurations required for implementation of open source and proprietary “big data” frameworks
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume information, including data categorization and labeling
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; and coordinating with business, technology, visual, and structural
- Provide a high degree of team leadership through complex projects. Develop information systems as strategic tools to help businesses compete in a global environment. Analyze emerging technologies and make recommendations for adaptation. Implement a process-based approach to meeting organizational goals
- Bachelor's Degree required from college or University MIS, CIS, CET or CS
- 10+ years working as a system / network architect including experience in Enterprise Application Integration, designing information organization for complex enterprises
- Service Oriented architecture with specific industry experience: retail, media/entertainment, high-tech.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to communicate design ideas by both words and pictures
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a larger team
- Thorough understanding of common interface conventions, Cloud, Portal, Exchange, VPN, CDN, and Cyber security knowledge with practical experience
- Understanding of Content Management Systems, data warehouses and visualization technologies
- Industry / vendor certifications in computer networking, operating systems, servers, and/or smart devices