Position: IT Support Engineer
Industry Type: In-house IT Position
Company: A Global Delivery Center
As part of the Enterprise Information Technology Group, the IT Support Engineer will be the on-site technical support resource for the nanjing office. While you will be a member of a much larger support team experience and comfort independently supporting office desktop, network and server environments is critical. You must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad corporate challenges and initiatives.
- Be the primary coordinator of all IT and facility needs for the Nanjing Office. Deftly utilize the 24/7 Service Desk for Tier I assistance and additional support while still maintaining the reputation as the trusted “go to person” for the office.
- Be an escalation point for the virtual desktop (VDI) environment for the enterprise. This includes individual desktop items as well as the infrastructure supporting the VDI environment.
- Design, build, research, analyze, configure, harden, troubleshoot and maintain production systems across multiple Company sites in an enterprise incident and change management environment.
- Provide common and advanced system administration functions for local and remote systems including user administration, automation, patch management, backup and restore, capacity/log monitoring, clustering and replication.
- Provide Tier II and III administration and support on numerous technologies. In-demand skills include: Windows 2003/2008 as well as Active Directory design, RedHat linux, VMWare vSphere 4, Citrix and Virtual Desktops, blade support and various forms of enterprise storage.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 – 2 years of experience in IT support function
- Good English communication skills
- Specific, demonstrable experience with core technologies and a willingness to remain hands-on
- MCSE or comparable certifications preferred
- Ability to respond effectively and timely to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Ability to communicate with internal users at all levels and build professional and trusting client relationships.
- Ability to follow established processes without fail and support standard technologies and processes.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration
- Windows – Must have
- VMWare – Must have
- HP Hardware Experience/knowledge– Must have
- Active Directory – Must have
- Citrix – Nice to have
- linux – Nice to have
- MS SQL – Nice to have
- MS Exchange – Nice to have