POSITION: IT Manager
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: In-House IT/ System Application
REPORT TO: Asia Managing Director, Global CIO
COMPANY: A leading global retail holding company
This position is responsible for existing store & back office system support and the design, implementation, and support of future IT solutions and processes improvements. This role is responsible for delivering business and technology solutions and following up on business operation improvement within greater China, extending progressively to the rest of Asia. Most of the projects will be aligned with US, Japan and China IT team as well as Business Units in China and Hong Kong.
All our affordable luxury brands, 20 stores in China and 1 store in Hong Kong.
Target: total 40 ALB stores in Greater China plus expansion in other Asian countries (10 stores across)
HQ: Shanghai (main) and Hong Kong
Systems: Currently Hong Kong and China are operating as independent non linked systems. It is envisaged in future to have common systems across the region and in the next 15 to 18 months the plan is to also expand geographically to Macau, Taiwan and Singapore. In three years there potentially could be 50 stores across 5 geographic locations (China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Singapore).
- Responsibility for operational support for all Affordable Luxury Brands Systems in Asia
- Responsibility for new store opening in Greater China(and eventually the Asia region)for all affordable luxury brands: Systems, Training, Processes
- Responsibility for supporting business growth in every area: front office, CRM, Clienteling, eCommerce
- Responsibility for supporting headquarters’ employees, and stores, service desk (Level 1 is managed by Company Asia Service Desk)
- Coordinate all China / Hong Kong stores openings: Infrastructure, POS and Back office systems
- Identify and follow up on changes request / corrections for Asia business applications (Retail System, Warehouse applications, Finance applications)
- Identify and implement opportunities for business processes optimization and productivity improvements
- Contribute to Company’s affordable luxury brands Global BS & IT strategy and projects
End User Support:
- Support Shanghai/ HK brands headquarter as needed (new hires, departure, proximity support)
- Manage and monitor the quality of service of the Company Service Desk support to the stores and other locations, including escalation to the central US support team. Provide local support for Business Applications
- In close relationship with the China Infrastructure Manager, provide infrastructure support as needed. Ensure that all systems are up and running all the time
- Coordinate Infrastructure and Software evolutions : migrations, upgrades and training
- Ensure that spending is in line with budgets and escalate accordingly, validate invoices, ensures that new expenses requests follow the defined policies, contribute to budget definition
- Manage relationships with local Service providers and vendors as well as other Entities
- Formal weekly activity / Coordination report to US Team and China team as needed
- Review and follow up weekly service desk tickets and incidents reports
Documentation and training:
- Improve the IS knowledge base as needed, publish intranet documentation (how-tos, FAQ etc.)
- Organize training sessions on desktop application, business applications, mobility etc.
- Identify and propose options to help users being more productive with their computer environment
- Assist Company BS&IT executives as needed on various projects.
- 4-6 years minimum in increasing responsibilities in IT Management in Retail Industry, Apparel and Fashion preferred.
- Business Process Improvement
- Projects and budget management
- Retail business(Inventory Management, Store Operation, CRM & Clienteling) understanding,
- Fluent Business English and Chinese (Mandarin), Cantonese is a plus.
- Ability to work with little supervision and report accordingly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of Retail systems and operations
- Basic understanding of ERP, Supply Chain, Warehouse management systems, Finance Systems
- Basic network and Networking equipment troubleshooting skills
- Basic Systems Administration skills
- Level 2-3 Desktop support skills