POSITION: Project Manager (Terminal Operating Systems)
LOCATION: Shanghai/Beijing, China
JOB TYPE: Complex big project management
REPORT TO: VP of Great China
COMPANY: Terminal operation solution provider
- Performs system development and implementation tasks for consulting project activities.
- Determines client project requirements and estimates scope and costs of client assignment.
- Leads team in providing technical solutions for a project.
- Assists in assigning work, coordinating work assignments and training other team members.
- Manages complex software implementations to meet budget, schedule and quality goals
- Establishes project scope, requirements and time lines
- Clearly communicates in oral and in written communication; listens, responds and keeps others informed
- Works collaboratively within teams and contributes to group outcomes. Treats all individuals fairly and with respect through consistent behaviors
- Understands complex strategic concepts and relationships by analyzing problems from different points of view. Applies broad knowledge and experience to address critical issues
- Inspires customer confidence through professional presence and self-confidence
- Demonstrates knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques to ensure that expertise is maximized
- Demonstrates knowledge of and sensitivity to legal considerations such as specific terminology, ownership, intellectual property, consultant's rights and other legal protections
- Providing technical support to other program activities as needed:
- Leverage COMPANY application consultants to advise customers as to the capabilities of standard products, based on knowledge of business operations of the client's industry as well as providing on-site and remote support for system installations, configurations and implementations
- Leverage COMPANY custom development consultants to specify solution designs and reviews custom software development, ensuring that the project team integrates standard products with custom development and verifies proper operation
- Leverage COMPANY Training department to deliver product training to the customer.
- Takes initiative in handling multiple demands by demonstrating flexibility for optimum customer satisfaction
- Program transition to customer support
- Working with other groups and supporting non-program activities:
- Collecting and providing feedback to product development teams on hardware issues and recommended improvements
- Able to work extended hours under tight deadline to successfully meet objectives
- Strong problem solving skills. May have background in technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies
- Diploma/Degree in Business, Logistics, Marine Operations, Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 7 years of applicable experience, at least 3 within a professional services organization and with several years' experience managing enterprise projects in China.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification
- Experience integrating 3rd party software applications
- Experience in large, complex enterprise / erp projects.
- Excellent written, oral presentation and customer interaction skills
- Previous experience working for a software company, consulting firm or system integrator
- Willing to travel up to 50%
Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and English
- Experience using, implementing or upgrading COMPANY tos and Express or other competing 3rd party Terminal Operating Systems (tos)
- Experience of fixed bid programs a bonus.
- Experience with Unix, Windows, Oracle, EDI, Oracle, SQL Server