Position: JAVA Engineer
Industry Type: SaaS/Clouding Software
Company: Global leader in Business Execution Software
The Software Engineer’s responsibilities will include designing, developing, testing, and documenting software, tools, and applications.
- Support the total design effort and participate in multiple projects, solve complex problems, and provide mentoring and support to more junior engineers.
- Evaluate and analyze software products and provide sales support.
- Define, develop, and manage the whole process of a project for partner integration, and engaging individuals across various departments or organizations to resolve problems
- Work jointly with clients to ensure business requirements are clearly communicated
- Prioritize multiple requirements, and communicate to senior management the present status and future direction of the product integration strategy.
- 2+ years of experience in software development, engineering, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Unix, Windows, JVM, Web servers, Application servers
- Expert knowledge of J2EE (EJB, Servlet/JSP, XML)
- Solid knowledge of SQL programming, prefer in Oracle. Knowing database design and query tuning is a big bonus but not required.
- Experience with security programming and concepts is preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to understand and master new technologies quickly
- Strong focus on quality and generating results
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly understand and solve unique and undocumented programming problems
- Exceptional time management and organization
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Energetic and self-starting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.