POSITION: Java Team Leader
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
job TYPE: Java/Team Lead/Technical/Banking IT
REPORT TO: SVP
COMPANY: The global leading financial service group
As part of this team, you will be involved in one of the most significant platform changes happening within Equity Derivatives. As a group, the entire division is going through an enormous growth, and within the Data area, we have a huge re-architecture to undertake to move from our existing C# services to Java. The team is critical to the success of this program and has responsibility for the reference and trade data entering the Risk platform as well as having joint responsibilities for the market data for Equity Derivatives.
You will be a key member of the team leading the build out of the new platform and have responsibilities around migration of existing functionality as well as the data. You will need to have an ability to analyse and resolve data breaks and issues, to ensure a high level of data quality in the new platform.
The candidate will be required to work with the front office, quants as well as counterparts in the middle office, managing requirements and work-loads across the relevant clients.
- Hands on technical lead who can turn requirements into a detailed design, building consensus within the team and delivering to committed timescales
- Management responsibilities within the team
- Ability to take ownership of applications and deliverables.
- Can apply expert knowledge of RDBMS and/or time-series data-stores.
- Build and deploy applications on linux platforms.
- Ensure Citi Markets and Security Services Technology Development Standards are being met.
- Drive adoption of recommended common development tools within CCET Risk Data team.
- Experience in leading teams, as either a technical lead, architect or development manager
- Excellent OOD development skills in Java
- Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Sound understanding of design patterns and system architecture.
- Strong RDBMS / NoSQL / Time-series data knowledge
- Strong SQL Skills
- Strong Multi-threading experience
- linux deployment and development experience
- Demonstrable experience of applying TDD and BDD development practices.
- Experience of Apache STORM
- Experience of jQuery, AngularJS or nodeJS
- Experience of Python
- Experience in TeamCity automated build tools
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, GIT and/or Bitbucket
- Experience with SonarCube.
- Experience of C# or C++
- Experience of Equity Derivative products
- Experience of working in a Front Office environment