Position: Performance Assurance Engineering
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: SaaS/Clouding Software
Report Manager: Performance Engineering Manager
Company: Founded in 2001 with offices around the world. Global leader in Business Execution Software and it is one of the fastest growing public software companies. They integrated suite of on demand applications has 8+ million users, 3,400+ customers of every size in over 190+ countries realizing tangible results.
About the Role:
The Company is seeking a Performance Assurance Engineering that will be responsible and drive the effort of Performance and Scalability Assurance for all products that The Company deliver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Performance and Scalability Assurance of The Company‘s products.
- Enforce Performance Assurance as an integrated step during the product development life cycle.
- Partner with PM and Development teams, review new features that will be coming out in each release, and build performance and scalability test cases.
- Keep track of Performance Assurance metrics, increasing coverage ratio, and communicating that to senior management and across all teams.
- Work with Customer Success and Provisioning Services teams, to make sure adequate Performance and Scalability tests are done before critical customers or features going live.
- Work with DCOPS/NOC team to setup monitoring and benchmarking tools on performance lab and generate reports regularly
- Drive Performance Assurance across all dimensions, including Scalability, Stress, and Longevity tests.
- Drive application architecture and participate in design review
- Assist other teams such as development, network operations and customer support, as needed
Required Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on Experiences on various Performance and Load Assurance practices and methodology
- Rich software development experience — experience with Java or J2EE.
- 2 Years experiences on using Load Runner or other load testing tools
- Have knowledge of algorithms and data structures and be able to assess trade-offs between memory vs. CPU vs. I/O vs. database load etc.
- Familiar with relational databases and ER modeling.
- Familiar with system administration, application server config, network config and setup
- Must be highly goal oriented, flexible and be able to adjust to changing priorities under stressful conditions and tight schedules.
- An absolute self-starter. Very comfortable and highly effective when working across teams.
- Highly motivated for performance tasks. Can take a big project and drive it across various teams from the start to the finish effectively.
- Real experiences working on large deployment of production systems, preferably SaaS deployments.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and a facility and ease with large group presentations will be needed
- Prior experience with performance Profiling/Tuning/Testing.
- Prior experience with analysis tools such as JProfiler, JConsole, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, advance degree is plus
- Need to travel occasionally