Position: Senior Developer, Business Intelligence (MicroStrategy)
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
Company: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency with a team of over 1,700 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer with our company, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding CRM reporting solutions for our industry leading clients in a variety of business verticals.
You will be part of a fun, dynamic reporting team and must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability and desire to potentially work on multiple projects in various roles. As a member of the BI Group you will be primarily a MicroStrategy specialist but you should also be willing and able to learn new reporting platforms like IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects and Tableau as needed.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of MicroStrategy and has full project lifecycle experience on multiple projects deployed using MicroStrategy. The position also requires the candidate to be able to interact and communicate externally with our clients as well as internally within the team. We are seeking candidates with substantial experience in vertical industries such as retail, insurance, and gaming – experience in especially in database marketing and CRM data warehousing is also highly desired.
- Strong MicroStrategy Report development skills with v9.x and an understanding of optimal MicroStrategy schema design.
- Expertise in designing and developing MicroStrategy Reports, Documents, Dashboards and Scorecards per specified requirements and timelines
- Skilled in creating Intelligence cubes for better and faster performance.
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering and discovery sessions.
- Thorough understanding of Data Warehousing architectures, techniques, and methodologies; including Star Schemas, Snowflake Schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and Aggregation Techniques.
- Proven experience with MicroStrategy administration including Troubleshooting environment, User setup, Security, Object Migrations etc.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL and ability to tune SQL.
- Ability to coach and mentor business users or junior developers on the design, development, and usage of the MicroStrategy product suite.
- Actively work with client to advance reporting solution and adoption of reporting project on a regular basis
- Effectively communicate with client teams and internal team
- Occasionally participate in the software pre-sales activities which includes development of customer proof-of-concept solutions and technical feature demonstrations.
- Maintain knowledge on the latest BI technology and best practices
- Qualified individuals possess the COMPANY attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and developing BI solutions with MicroStrategy including version v9.2.1
- At least 2 years of experience as a MicroStrategy architect
- Experience with dimensional, logical and physical data modeling for data warehouse/data marts
- Working knowledge of relational database platforms like Netezza, Teradata or MS SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong skills in User Interface design, Analytical, Problem solving and Quantitative skills
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Experience with MicroStrategy Mobile is a plus
- Prior Database Marketing experience is a plus
- MicroStrategy certification is a plus