Position: Team Manager Client and mobile Solutions (CMS) Greater China Region (GCR)
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: in-house it
Company: A modern industrial group based in Germany with operations throughout the world. In core business Chemicals are a global leader. The company now has a total of 18 companies and 15 production sites in the region with around 4,000 employees
Setup, operate and support IT infrastructure for Clients and mobile Solutions in the GCR embedded in a globally standardized framework, in order to support mission critical business processes for Evonik Industries, affiliates, plants, and facilities in such a way as to meet the system requirements of performance, reliability, and project time constraints in the most cost effective manner.
- Responsible for technical analysis, specification, documentation, implementation and operation of IT infrastructure for Clients and Mobile Solutions in GCR. Manage the continual security, support and optimization of computer systems and processes for these sites.
- Develop and optimize the support organization and structure based on needs and to ensure high efficient concept for the future based on strategic goals for the region.
- Planning, coordination, assistance and documentation of technical specifications and rollout scenarios based on the current corporate standards
- Responsible for consulting of users in the region regarding IT products and services of S-IT, as well as active promotion of the available service catalog by research of customer demands and deriving of suitable and innovative solutions
- Negotiation of SLA with customers in the region
- Creation of cost evaluation for new and exiting sites
- Leading support teams for GCR and project teams for analysis and implementation projects with internal and external participants in an international environment
- Projects may include those with technical requirements that have no precedents within the corporation.
- Travel to locations as projects and assignments require
- Responsible for budget and personnel
- Client Base: 2500 PC
- Regional Scope: China, Taiwan, Hong Kong
- Personnel: 1 Teams with overall 8 Team Members
- This position requires a BS degree in Computer Science or comparable degree, and 5 years of experience, or 10 years of experience without degree.
- A high degree of specialized technical knowledge is required in a broad range of sub-fields, often considered separate specialties, such as Windows Server Operation, Desktop Management and End Point Security, with the ability to translate this knowledge to the end users.
- A general knowledge of MS applications is also essential
- This position requires a self-directed, motivated and inquisitive individual, who is analytical and capable of “big picture” thinking. Ability to perceive the importance of solutions to the business, with an in-depth knowledge of corporate and technical standards and policies.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills with the ability to understand, review, and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA's). Self-learning, intercultural teamwork, with strong conflict management skills will be significant keys to success.
- Work must be coordinated with other disciplines, regionally and worldwide. Often involves finding creative technical solutions to various design problems.
- Challenges include working under pressure of project deadlines, keeping up with ever-changing technology, and integrating diverse systems.
- Proven English skills (verbal and written), other language skills will be an advantage