POSITION: software Architect
LOCATION: Beijing, China
JOB TYPE: R&D/ Technical Expert
REPORT TO: Senior VP & GM
COMPANY: An innovative clinical solutions company that provides high-quality technology platforms and related clinical services.
A software Architect is responsible for making practical project-related architectural and technical decisions for software development by following established corporate software architecture and methodology. He/ She will create or review architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide development teams. The goal is to provide a technical framework for the development of applications that will result in high quality solutions.
A Software Architect may also be assigned to application development projects to perform a function of a Project architect/Full stack developer as required.
- Collaborate with and assist the Corporate architecture team in development and testing of new architectural designs and patterns
- Work with project teams to define and review all aspects of development from appropriate technology and systems flow to coding standards
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial software architecture and application design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development teams
- Approve final product from the software architecture and design perspectives before launch
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine/evaluate functional and technical requirements for new software components or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions, APIs, databases, user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product design specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in development of commercial software
- Proven experience as software architect
Hands on practical experience and comprehensive level of skills with JScript WEB development frameworks (JQuery, etc.), Angular 2+, Node JS, java, RESTful API and SQL Databases (skills to be tested during candidate's evaluation for the position)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Knowledge of cloud computing and cloud architecture
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering, mathematics or relevant field
- Strong communication skills in English, ability to participate and present clearly in English in meetings with colleagues and clients, ability to write technical documentation in English (skills to be tested during candidate's evaluation for the position)
- Demonstrated hands on experience with cloud-based and cloud-optimized programming technique and deployment
- Practical experience with NO SQL databases, message Queues, and Event Streams
- Understanding of design and development methods to support horizontally scalable applications
- Demonstrated hands on experience with the development of secure and scalable WEB applications
- Ability to understand and improve or migrate legacy software designs
- Understanding of regulatory requirements applicable to clinical systems
- Understanding of Transactional Systems design patterns
- Understanding of Data Warehousing
- Computer Systems Validation experience
- Ability to work independently, manage and contribute in a matrix organization, resolve issues proactively, meet aggressive timelines
- Technical presentation skills and experience
- Being able to work from home office remotely
- Availability in early and late hours to participate in scheduled global online meetings over the Internet
- Cross-functional interactions
- Complete Training Requirements per current Training Requirements List.
- Supervisor will assign additional skills training, one-on-one, see-one / do one, or other Training as necessary to achieve qualifications and improve job performance.