POSITION: Channels Research Senior Manager
LOCATION: Beijing, China
COMPANY: World’s leading technology media, events and Research Company
Conduct research and develop business for the Channel practice within COMPANY Enterprise Research Unit. The role will work across practice and research domain groups as well as sales and marketing to identify key growth areas and form specific go-to-market initiatives. This individual will be the primary lead for execution of research and consulting projects around solution partner, channel ecosystem, alliances, captive business model, as well as manage channel connect portal.
The role will focus on:
- Driving business development with sales, identify opportunities and track renewal metrics.
- Participate regularly in delivering expertise and knowledge via presentations to clients – specifically around key channel trends and drivers.
- Conducting and writing research pertaining to local and regional channels/partnering business – using primary & secondary resources.
- Contribute to both syndicated and custom-developed studies.
- Scoping of channel projects – ability to obtain an accurate understanding of the client’s requirements
- Join Business Development activities with sales inclusive of prospecting
- Proposal Development – Development of sales proposals that accurately articulate the project’s scope, methodology applied and outcomes
- Cost/Profit analysis
- Project Management – ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis and adhere to COMPANY standards
- Internal and external customer liaison
- Resourcing personnel locally and regionally to execute fieldwork efficiently and effectively
- Execute fieldwork efficiently (Focus Groups/ Face to Face interviews/ Telephone interviews) as required
- Application of strategic planning / management frameworks or other matrices to analysis
- Compilation research findings into succinct and readable reports
- Write whitepapers/ executive briefs based on primary and/or secondary research
- Presentation of key findings to project sponsors (electronic and/or verbal)
- Content and newsletter refresh for www.idcpartnerconnect.com
- Develop channel specific product bundles
- Work closely with internal research teams to align channel program with other research initiatives
- Oversee growth & management of COMPANY Channel Database
- Grow partner community via marketing campaigns
- Raise awareness of COMPANY’s brand amongst channel partners and vendor channel community alike
Financial & Management
- Develop budget to meet pre-determined financial objectives.
- Participates in setting business targets and revenue goals.
- Balanced emphasis on expense and revenue management.
- Managed resources both on-site and virtually for syndicated and custom studies
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 10-15 years relevant work experience
- Must be in the enterprise related domain
- Preferred experience in technical pre-sales with intensive commercial channel management responsibilities
- Preferred experience in media or research background with deep expertise in enterprise solution partnership analysis.
- Good understanding on the enterprise IT technology.
- Tertiary Qualification
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS would be an advantage)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent proposal generation skills
- Exceptional communicator
- Ability to establish a strong business rapport with clients during projects
- Able to handle multiple tasks to a deadline
- Team player, inclusive and highly collaborative
- Calm and reasoned, but driven by excellent customer service