POSITION: Senior Research Manager – Service Industry
LOCATION: Beijing, China
JOB TYPE: Research Manager
COMPANY: World’s leading technology media, events and Research Company
Lead service research team to conduct the related projects and develop business by engaging with service vendors in China Market. Direct reports the AVP of Enterprise Research Unit in COMPANY. The role will work across practice and research domain groups as well as sales and marketing to identify key growth areas and form specific go-to-market initiatives. This individual will be the primary lead for execution of service research and consulting projects around outsourcing, offshore ITO, BPO, support, training and cloud, etc.
The role will focus on:
- Driving business development with sales, identify opportunities and track renewal metrics
- Participate regularly in delivering expertise and knowledge via presentations to clients – specifically around key channel trends and drivers
- Conducting and writing research pertaining to local and regional channels/partnering business – using primary & secondary resources
- Contribute to both syndicated and custom-developed studies
- Scoping of channel projects – ability to obtain an accurate understanding of the client’s requirements
- Join Business Development activities with sales inclusive of prospecting
- Proposal Development – Development of sales proposals that accurately articulate the project’s scope, methodology applied and outcomes
- Cost/Profit analysis
- Project Management – ensure that projects are completed on a timely basis and adhere to Company’s standards
- Internal and external customer liaison
- Resourcing personnel locally and regionally to execute fieldwork efficiently and effectively
- Execute fieldwork efficiently (Focus Groups/ Face to Face interviews/ Telephone interviews) as required
- Application of strategic planning / management frameworks or other matrices to analysis
- Compilation research findings into succinct and readable reports
- Write whitepapers/ executive briefs based on primary and/or secondary research
- Presentation of key findings to project sponsors (electronic and/or verbal)
- Content and newsletter refresh for COMPANY Website
- Develop channel specific product bundles
- Work closely with internal research teams to align channel program with other research initiatives
- Oversee growth & management of COMPANY Channel Database
- Grow partner community via marketing campaigns
- Raise awareness of COMPANY’s brand amongst channel partners and vendor channel community alike
Financial & Management Responsibilities
- Develop budget to meet pre-determined financial objectives.
- Participates in setting business targets and revenue goals.
- Balanced emphasis on expense and revenue management.
- Managed resources both on-site and virtually for syndicated and custom studies
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 12+ years relevant work experience
- Must be in the enterprise related domain with good knowledge in both technical support and business services.
- Preferred marketing background from the major service providers
- Preferred experience in technical pre-sales with intensive services related responsibilities referred experience in media or market research firm with deep expertise in enterprise service analysis.
- Good understanding on the enterprise IT technology.
- Tertiary Qualification
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS would be an advantage)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent proposal generation skills
- Exceptional communicator
- Ability to establish a strong business rapport with clients during projects
- Able to handle multiple tasks to a deadline
- Team player, inclusive and highly collaborative
- Calm and reasoned, but driven by excellent customer service