Position: Database QA Manager
Location: nanjing, China
Industry Type: Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
Company: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency.
The database QA Manager is primarily responsible for the analysis, design, planning, execution and maintenance of testing, reporting of test results, and defect management of a marketing data warehouse solution. It is also response for developing and managing a QA team.
Develop a local QA team by helping recruiting and staffing activities.
Lead and manage the QA team of 4 – 10 resources, including people management, effort management and other HR related activities.
Design and execute training program.
Develop and incorporate standard QA procedures and templates.
Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing
Write test plans, design test cases, develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and expected results
Perform all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load, system testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Create large volumes of test data if required
Track and reports defect using appropriate tools such as JIRA
- Validate fixes and ensure follow through to all test cycles
- Investigate and recommend remediation strategies for data quality conditions, and process failures
- Communicate test status to internal project team and client(s)
- Develop and contribute best practices and standards for a particular solution or across multiple medium/large scale projects/accounts
- Accurately estimate work effort and delivery timelines to support project and client management
- Manage workload and project priorities among QA team resources
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related IT field
- Proficiency with sql language
- Strong knowledge of databases, ETL, data flow processes, and data modeling concepts
- Excellent written and oral English communication skill
- Minimum 6 years of QA/testing experience, preferably in the Data Warehouse / BI field
- Prior experience of leading and managing QA resources
- Experience with data profiling tool (e.g. informatica Data Explorer) a plus
- Prior working experience in the CRM / database marketing field a plus