POSITION: java Specialist (Technical Lead level)
LOCATION: shanghai, China
COMPANY: The global leading financial service group
Job Purpose and Job Business Background:
- Seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Java Specialist for the Global Futures Technology area.
- COMPANY Futures is part of group, today's preeminent financial services company, built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world.
- Global Futures Technology will leverage Company Global Network to provide our business stable, secured and high performance applications supported by NAN, EMEA and APAC regional team and a global Futures team.
- Our Futures Online (CFO) application is key ETD clearing portal system and it would offer end client clearing information like portfolio, reconciliation service, etc. CFO backend are based on Spring on Weblogic server, JSP/Servlet Gemfire Cache and Front-end are ExtJS base web page, DB is Sybase.
- Responsible for business requirement communication, analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of system components and system integration.
- Provide level 2/3 production support as required.
- The main interfaces will be with the global development team, eTrading and eCommercial team, client on-board teams as well as with other technical teams in other locations, mainly New York, NJ, Toronto, India and China.
- More than 5+ years related working experience in Java MVC based J2EE application
- Strong English verbal and written communication skill
- Hands-on experiences on Core Java, Spring Framework, Multiple Threads Programing, Web Service and Sybase and distributed systems
- Experience with database design with exposure to Sybase
- Experience on both unix and Windows Platforms
- Solid experience in unix/Shell scripting
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-oriented environment
- Self- motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership and accountability
- Guide and support junior developers
- Experience in working geographically dispersed teams as plus
- Knowledge of the Investment Banking industry as plus (FIX protocol, Futures & Options and etc)
- Futures Business Team – eTrading / eCommercial
- Global Futures Technology on other region – NY/NJ, TORONTO, LONDON and INDIA
- Other teams within technology organization, i.e. support, development, hardware, networks, etc.
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment;
- The job will give exposure to a range of technologies and other technical teams;
- There will be the opportunity to work with various business teams and to expand business knowledge especially in Risk & Margin.
- Drive & Determination; Demonstrates self-motivation and drive and shows determination to achieve goals
- Analysis & Problem Solving: Identifies the key issues in situations, analyses the data, recognizes the root cause of problems and generates successful solutions
- Proactivity & Initiative: Self-starting. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them. Controls events by making suggestions and proposing actions. Completes tasks, projects and plans before being asked
- Building Relationships: Maintains good relationships with colleagues and builds strong professional networks. Recognizes and understands the needs of others, aware of own personal style
- Innovation & Creativity: Creating new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Questions traditional approaches and demonstrates creativity in the generation of ideas and vision
- Communication Skills: Expresses ideas effectively using a range of communication styles, skills and processes
- Influencing & Persuasiveness: Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behavioral change.