Position: Lead Performance Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: SaaS/clouding Software
Report Manager: Performance Engineering Manager
Company: Founded in 2001 with offices around the world. Global leader in Business Execution Software and it is one of the fastest growing public software companies. They integrated suite of on demand applications has 8+ million users, 3,400+ customers of every size in over 190+ countries realizing tangible results.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Performance Assurance Engineering that will be responsible and drive the effort of Performance and Scalability Assurance for all products that The Company delivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the performance lab, including setup of OS(Solaris 10), oracle Database, JBoss server, Apache, Network, Load balancer, etc.
- Own the implementation of performance and scalability testing methodology and recommendation
- Work with data center/NOC team on reproducing, resolving and preventing performance issues on production servers
- Setup monitoring and benchmarking tools on performance lab and generate reports regularly
- Profile and isolate application and architectural issues and recommend and develop resolutions.
- Work across entire engineering teams to collect performance test requirements, formulate scalable test strategies, and enforce performance testing
- Recommend application coding practices as required.
- Review technical specifications. Provide architecture guidance for better performance to development team.
- Conduct research projects into applicable technologies for enhancement of application performance.
- Setup and execute performance and scalability tests with huge number of concurrent users, profile and fix problems.
- Developing test tools used to administer performance and scalability tests.
- Provide internal and external customer documentation summarizing results of performance and scalability tests.
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Expert in system administration, application server config, network config and setup
- Rich software development experience — 4 years' experience with Java or J2EE.
- Rich experience with relational databases and sql tuning, preferably oracle.
- Rich experiences on resolving multi-threading, deadlocking, JVM GC issues.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures and be able to assess trade-offs between memory vs. CPU vs. I/O vs. database load etc.
- Rich experiences working on real, large deployment of production systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly goal oriented, flexible and be able to adjust to changing priorities under stressful conditions and tight schedules.
- An absolute self-starter. Very comfortable and highly effective when working across teams.
- Highly motivated for performance work. Can take a big project and drive it from the start to the finish with minimum supervision.
- Prior experience with performance Profiling/Tuning/Testing.
- Prior experience with analysis tools such as JProfiler, JConsole, etc.
- Desired, but not required:
- Experience with SaaS architectures.
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Experience with human capital applications.