Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Beijing or Shanghai
Reporting to: China GM and Global VP of Marketing
Industry Type: Digital Media/Mobile Advertisement
Company: The largest independent mobile AD (Advertising) network and a global leader in the mobile technology space.
To help manage the faced paced growth of the company, a high-energy creative marketing professional is needed. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years’ experience in many, ideally all facets of marketing. The role will lead marketing efforts in China based in either Beijing or Shanghai. This is an amazing opportunity to join a young, smart company in a high growth economic sector. We are seeking A+, highly motivated candidates only for this exciting position.
- Plan the marketing strategy for China consistent with the global marketing plan working with China GM.
- Support sales and business development teams by providing strategic marketing collateral such as sales presentations, case studies, research reports, etc. These efforts will include vertical sales support efforts as driven by sales head.
- Develop and manage the China PR plan. Handle media requests and interviews that come in either directly or through the PR agencies.
- Develop and manage company events in China. This includes execution in China and supporting and maximizing the impact of speakerships at these events. This will include supporting the speaker by creating the topic for the presentation, pitching topics to conference organizers and creating the content with help from the global marketing team.
- Collect information from the sales team about ongoing campaigns and produce case studies for these campaigns for use in marketing efforts.
- Handle the social community messaging of the company for China. This would include tweeting while at key events, blogs about certain topics retweets of regional news snippets related to the industry. It will also include updating the company website with the latest mentions and coverages.
Integrate online marketing function into all efforts to help drive direct sales leads, online sales revenue, and measure marketing impact.
- Experience: 5+ years
- Strategic Planning: Experience in planning the marketing strategy for China. The strategy needs to take into account the nuances of the country.
- Sales Support: Excellent presentation development skills with the ability to communicate and design presentations along with envisioning the topic in support of mobile advertising sales efforts is critical.
- Marketing Communication Skills: Experience with business writing in all forms with a focus on digital channels including corporate websites, landing page copy development, blogging, Twitter, Facebook, and email marketing. An understanding of best practices in social media / community marketing is a plus.
- B2B Marketing: Knowledge of core marketing skills including development and management of key messaging with a B2B company, and a general knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing channels.
- Experience with ad networks or digital performance marketing a strong plus.
- Project Management: Experience planning and tracking collateral development including strategic sales support collateral, major website updates, powerpoints, sales presentations, and printed materials for a B2B company.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple people is key.
- Events / PR: Experience representing a company in a professional manner at technology events such as trade shows, conferences and summits.
- Knowledge and experience drafting a press release is a plus.
Additional skill sets that will help improve your candidacy:
- Digital Advertising Industry Experience: Experience with an advertiser, agency, or publisher in the digital advertising space (web, search, mobile).
- Mobile Industry Experience: The ideal candidate will have some experience in the mobile industry.
- Community Management: Experience with managing a web-scale community of users is a plus.
- Online Marketing: Experience in managing or working with the online marketing function is also a plus.