Position: Lead/Principle Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Industry Type: SaaS/Clouding Software
Direct Report Manager: Engineering Manager
Company: A global leader in Business Execution Software and it is one of the fastest growing SaaS software companies.
The Company is looking for bright engineers from varied backgrounds including UI, Server side, and Infrastructure. The Lead/Principle Engineer’s responsibilities will include communicating, designing, developing, testing, and documenting software, tools, and applications.
- Leads a technical group from establishing requirements thru to implementation of the process.
- Works with product manager to define software requirements and assess feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Support the total design effort and participate in multiple projects, solve complex problems, and provide mentoring and support to more junior engineers.
- Evaluate and analyze software products and provide sales support.
- Define, develop, and manage the whole process of a project for partner integration, and engaging individuals across various departments or organizations to resolve problems
- Work jointly with clients to ensure business requirements are clearly communicated
- Prioritize multiple requirements, and communicate to senior management the present status and future direction of the product integration strategy.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, engineering, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Unix, Windows, JVM, Web servers, Application servers
- Expert knowledge of J2EE (EJB, Servlet/JSP, XML)
- Solid knowledge of SQL programming, prefer in Oracle. Knowing database design and query tuning is a big bonus but not required.
- Experience with security programming and concepts is preferred
- Confident and able to lead a team
- Self-motivated and able to rise to a challenge with support from senior staff.
- Understanding of customer needs, has relevant industry network
- Ability to interpret, and present a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Besides technical knowledge, practical attitude and leadership
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organization
- Excellent written and oral communications across the organization
- Energetic and self-starting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.