Position: Lead/Principle Engineer
Location: Shanghai, China
Direct Report Manager: Engineering Manager
The Company is looking for bright engineers from varied backgrounds including UI, Server side, and Infrastructure. The Lead/Principle Engineer’s responsibilities will include communicating, designing, developing, testing, and documenting software, tools, and applications.
- Leads a technical group from establishing requirements thru to implementation of the process.
- Works with product manager to define software requirements and assess feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Support the total design effort and participate in multiple projects, solve complex problems, and provide mentoring and support to more junior engineers.
- Evaluate and analyze software products and provide sales support.
- Define, develop, and manage the whole process of a project for partner integration, and engaging individuals across various departments or organizations to resolve problems
- Work jointly with clients to ensure business requirements are clearly communicated
- Prioritize multiple requirements, and communicate to senior management the present status and future direction of the product integration strategy.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, engineering, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of Unix, Windows, JVM, Web servers, Application servers
- Expert knowledge of J2EE (EJB, Servlet/JSP, XML)
- Solid knowledge of SQL programming, prefer in Oracle. Knowing database design and query tuning is a big bonus but not required.
- Experience with security programming and concepts is preferred
- Confident and able to lead a team
- Self-motivated and able to rise to a challenge with support from senior staff.
- Understanding of customer needs, has relevant industry network
- Ability to interpret, and present a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Besides technical knowledge, practical attitude and leadership
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organization
- Excellent written and oral communications across the organization
- Energetic and self-starting
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.