Position: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Shanghai or Beijing, China
Industry Type: Digital Media/Mobile Advertisement
Company: The largest independent mobile AD (Advertising) network and a global leader in the mobile technology space.
Come bring to market the next generation of monetization tools to help owners of mobile content build their own businesses. As a Product Marketing Manager at the company, you’ll have a disproportionate impact on shaping the future of mobile publishing.
The company is in the process of launching a new suite of publisher focused products, and we are looking for dynamic product marketing managers who are natural storytellers, strategic partners to customers and great at rolling up their sleeves to get products out the door. This is a completely new set of products for the company, and you’ll be a leader within the team driving this from concept to launch.
You’ll do all of the usual things that product marketing managers usually do (crafting messaging/positioning, staying abreast of competitors’ moves, serving as a product specialist in the sales process), but do it at one of the fastest growing companies in the space with a truly global footprint. The company reaches more than 1 billion consumers around the world.
- Collaborate with key team leaders to develop the strategic vision, scope and context for product / sales initiatives (includes market / competitive intelligence tracking, industry research, serving as an expert on how publishers buy)
- Develop customer segmentation, and craft core positioning / messaging that differentiates the company’s products
- Evangelize the value proposition to internal stakeholders and communicate the value proposition to the Business Development and Sales teams
- Develop sales collateral to enable field teams to be more effective (including presentations, tailored proposals, scripts, etc.);regionalize materials for international markets
- Create marketing collateral including case studies, one sheet, whitepapers, FAQs, feature benefit sheets, the company website collateral, etc.
- Serve as a product specialist within the company and go on customer sales calls / demos
- Own product launches end-to-end – working closely with global marketing teams and product management to ensure a successful release; build processes, deliverables and drive coordination across functional teams and business units
- Drive and monitor target audience communications and demand generation, including community management/ user feedback
- Build training content and customer education programs
- Engage in brand development, PR and marketing efforts in coordination with global marketing teams (e.g., trade event planning, press releases and outreach strategy, identifying speaking opportunities)
- 5+ years Product Marketing experience in the online advertising, e-commerce, mobile, publishing or related industries.
- Education: BA/BS; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA)
- Unbridled passion for mobile, digital media, and all aspects of its global growth
- 5+ years of online advertising experience with some/much of that time spent in a strategic sales support or market development role
- You’re a natural storyteller who has a knack for technical material into compelling narratives
- Customers love you for your analytical and strategic insight
- Very strong plus if you understand digital publishing / the issues facing premium publishers, and / or have expert knowledge of the display ecosystem (e.g., business models and product capabilities of ad networks, ad servers, sell side platforms, etc.)
- You’re driven to solve tough / interesting problems and enjoy working with customers to innovate solutions with them
- Demonstrated success defining and launching market leading products
- Outstanding teamwork, project management and interpersonal skills. Juggling multiple things at a time is second nature to you
- You know how to influence sales teams without direct management of them. A plus if you’ve got experience leading global cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who is hungry to take on new professional challenges, and looking for roles with enormous growth potential
Comfort working in a fast moving, dynamic setting. You pick up things quickly and are action oriented. Startup experience a real plus
This is a unique opportunity to bring to market a wholly new product suite globally. We’re a fun, young company that’s got a proven platform and business model. Compensation is competitive (depending on experience), and includes equity. Note: given the global nature of the business, the job may require up to 20% travel.