Location: Shanghai, China
Job Type: Technical
Company: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency
This is a senior position to work within the DBA team. The DBA team serves as a point of escalation for support services on multiple database platforms. The DBA team acts as an authoritative source for database technology providing information on problem resolution and configuration best practices.
- Administration, configuration, support, maintenance, trouble shooting and documentation of the MS SQL Server, Netezza and Teradata Database Management Systems.
- Act as subject matter expert on at-least one DB technology.
- Work with team members on a daily basis to resolve technical issues as they occur.
- Identify and provide resolution for challenges facing the DBA team. This includes technical and procedural challenges.
- May be involved with the following: troubleshooting, recovery, tuning of the database, software installation and upgrades, resolving errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization.
- Schedule, plan, and document installation and testing
- Develop standards and guidelines
- Modify existing databases and database implementations or direct programmers and analysts to make changes to optimize performance.
- Plan, coordinate and implement database security measures to safeguard information.
- Communicate with internal users and answer questions, documentation.
- Mentor junior DBAs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, with minimum of 3 years of experience on Oracle, Netezza, MS SQL Server including but not limited to Database Administration, development, and/or maintenance with the desire and motivation to expand upon current skill set is required.
- In the alternate, the company will accept a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, with minimum of 5 years of experience on Oracle and MS SQL Server including but not limited to Database Administration, development, and/or maintenance with the desire and motivation to expand upon current skill set is required.
- Adequate English written and verbal skills are required for this position.
- Experience with one of Netezza, Oracle or MS SQL Server is required.
- Familiarity with MPP databases (like Netezza/Teradata) and Data warehousing concepts is preferred.
- Experience with modeling tools (such as Erwin or Power Designer) concepts is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Linux and shell/powershell scripting is required
- Motivation to receive internal training and mentoring in Database Administration.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts effectively to internal and external clients.