POSITION: VP Account Leader-APJ Region
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
JOB TYPE: Digital Marketing, Digital Studio
COMPANY: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency
- An Account Leader who is passionate about forming and driving successful client relationships
- Has experience in managing growth and evolution of relationships between $5 million and $15 million in annual net revenues (this excludes media spend)
- Can lead complex multi dimensional engagements that combine agency services, data management, consulting, and large technology deployments
- Possesses a charismatic, engaging personality and can successfully interact with senior/executive level client contacts
- Has the ability to grow client relationships through new strategies and innovative ideas
- Is an accomplished meeting leader and presenter
- Is a high energy leader, with the ability to motivate and build high performing teams and keep them inspired, engaged and excited
- Has extensive experience driving CRM and database marketing solutions
The Account Leader will head up a combined B2C and B2B account in the Asia Pacific and Japan region. The Account Leader is responsible for the delivery of company solutions, building and growing executive relationships, and meeting and exceeding growth and profitability goals, while assuring high levels of client and employee satisfaction. He/she will manage accounts with an entrepreneurial style, driving strategy and innovation to grow the business, utilizing company’s various subject matter experts and consultants. Reporting to the Global Account Leader this person will:
- Own the Client relationship for the account, be responsible for overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of this clients over time
- Effectively manage all commercial aspects of the client relationship including contracts, pricing, profitability, internal revenue and profit forecasting
- Accurately plan and forecast revenue growth to achieve annual targets
- Directs team activities to ensure full collaboration and partnership and leveraging the company’s full complement of resources to support the business
- Engage with senior level client contacts across all areas of the client’s business on a regular basis, delivering a continuous flow of business-building ideas, while securing relationship and performance feedback
- Develop and drive account plans, processes, and strategies that improve results for the client, while growing the account portfolio
- Continually increase knowledge of the clients’ business (and industry) often serving as the clients’ first line consultant
- Provide leadership and direction to client teams and business unit personnel, fully leveraging all direct and indirect resources and ensuring optimal levels of productivity, service, communications, & quality in a matrix environment for assigned clients
- Effectively plan work, communicate changes and, troubleshoot problems, assuring that client and company commitments are kept
- Effectively present to the senior executives, and address internal/external conflicts and escalation
- Work closely with company Business units to develop proposal/presentation content and strategy for new/renewal or extending client business
- Effectively “on-board” new client relationships
- Proactively work to assure a highly engaged team staffed with top talent. Hires, retains, develops and engages top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients and in turn becomes the reason why clients want to work with us
- Meets or exceeds company and client performance targets (e.g., client satisfaction scores, revenue, ROI, engagement, profitability, etc.)
– Accurately evaluates marketing results and suggests innovative alternatives with the client voice in mind
– Successfully manages people, process, deadlines, and budgets and understands the impact his/or her decisions have on the organization (not just his/her team/department)
– Possesses strong leadership ability and is looked to by others within the team as a resource; looks forward to leading and supporting changes within the organization – may bring forward change initiatives and sees them through to implementation
– Leads practice development efforts and develops repeatable solutions, fosters knowledge sharing and growth within and across teams, motivates a team to go above and beyond
- Fluent in English with oversea working experiences, preferably in the US
- Relevant undergraduate degree required with advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in direct marketing and CRM.
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, digital and analytics components
- At least 12 – 15 years experience presenting to and working with senior level client contacts.
- At least 5 years recent experience in growing and managing complex client relationships in an agency environment.
- Experience in online and off line media and channel engagement.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing teams within a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
- Experience in Hi Tech sector a strong plus.
- Travel required within region and the US including internal to company, to clients, and industry events. Travel will fluctuate with activity and opportunity