Position: Project Manager (Senior Level)
Location: Shanghai/Guangzhou, China
Job Type: Project Management Office, SAP Project Management
Company: The global Top ERP/Consulting Company
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall management and success of medium and large implementation projects. Commercially these will be fixed price, fixed scope or time and materials based. You will be responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order to meet project objectives.
You will also be expected to provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. You will also be required to ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
- Participate in the project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan (Discovery & Evaluation, Initiating to Closing…)
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
Coaching & Mentoring
- Position project reviews with customers and effectively manage their deployment.
- Mentor project teams to ensure implementation of enterprise project management methodology, standards and processes
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management.
- Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of the project management Office (PMO).
- Proficiency with project management tools and methods.
- A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
- Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
- Ability to negotiate consensus amongst diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure.
- Conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and team members.
- 8 – 10 years of project management experience in large and complex project implementations using formal project management methodology, techniques and tools. Within an SAP environment.
- Project management experience in paper manufacturing will be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Mandarin and English speaking
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications an asset
- PMM methodology Certification and ASAP Toolset Proficiency
Language: Fluent in Chinese and English