Position: Technology Leader (Director Level)
Location: Nanjing, China
Industry Type: Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM)
Company: The largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing agency
This is a senior leader position within the China Global Delivery Center (GDC). This position has high visibility both within the APAC business area but also within the global technology group. This is a position with the possibility for aggressive career growth.
The technology team acts as an authoritative source for database technology within the GDC. The selected individual will serve as a point of escalation for technical knowledge on multiple database platforms including SQL Server, Netezza and hadoop. This is not a hands-on position but requires a high degree of business and technical sophistication covering the following areas:
- Database development technologies
- Web development technologies, including mobile
- Solution production systems
- Quality Assurance testing techniques and process
- General IT infrastructure and communications best practices
- Marketing experience is desired but not required
- Solution delivery
- Lead a growing group of technology delivery staff across several disciplines.
- Manage complex technology delivery as a part of a global team.
- Be a technology guru that staff can turn to and learn from.
- Act as subject matter expert on at-least one DB technology.
- Work with team members on a daily basis to resolve technical issues as they occur.
- Identify and provide resolution for challenges facing the team. This includes technical and procedural challenges.
- May be involved with the following: troubleshooting, recovery, tuning of the database, software installation and upgrades, resolving errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization.
- Develop and help to develop new standards and guidelines.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, with minimum of 5 years of experience in management and technology solutions.
- In the alternative, a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, with minimum of 8 years of experience in management and technology solutions.
- Experience with one of Netezza, Oracle or MS SQL Server is required.
- Familiarity data warehousing concepts.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and linux with shell/scripting familiarity.
- Motivation to received and deliver internal training and mentoring in leadership and technology.
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts effectively to both internal and external clients.